Sunday 5 August 2012

Monday Hits & Misses (Kids Stuff) : August 6th, 2012


I got my Balboa Baby sling when Mila was 4 weeks old. Mine is in the pattern shown in the image on the left. It looks great and is very comfortable on (with no baby in it) They give you a small booklet with pictures of ways to position your baby in the sling. Mila does not like the position they suggest for newborns, she prefers to be in a laying position with her head close to my chest. When she's in the sling I feel like she is safe & I can be hands free which is nice. The major down side to me is that I feel like you are carrying your baby on your shoulder. After 1/2 an hour of baby wearing my shoulder is very sore. I have also been unable to nurse in the sling which is disappointing. Both a hit & a miss for me. 

I love love LOVE Sudocrem. I have used many different diaper creams and this one is by far my favourite. It is very smooth, not too thick and easy to remove. I found with most diaper creams that they can be extremely difficult to remove during each diaper change, but not with Sudocrem. It is easy to remove between changes! It also has a nice light scent. If you get it on your own clothing or your babies clothing it also comes off easily in the wash. If you haven't tried it make sure you get some!

Since Eva just learned to use a straw properly a few months ago and we are starting to get her away from using a bottle I decided to pick up a double pack of Playtex insulator straw cups. They claim to keep cold drinks cold which I have found they do. They also claim to be spill proof which they are! They aren't too heavy & come in cute patterns. Best part of all is that Eva seems to enjoy using them! A hit for us for sure!


Nuk pacifiers were Eva's favourite and they are now Mila's favourite too. She especially loves the ones with the handles which are great for when I choose to use a pacifier clip!

No comments:

Post a Comment